Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Croswaithe Park, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin [graphic]
Croswaithe Park, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
|Main Creator:||Hughes, Omer, photographer|
About 1860, these terraces of houses were being built. This Park was named after a well-known Kingstown man, Mr John Croswaithe, and the buildings surrounded a square-shaped park, which was formally laid out and was surrounded by ornate railings and gates. On the west and east sides of this park were sixteen houses. The ones to the west were four storeys high, while on the east side the houses were three storeys. To the north and south sides, the buildings were less ambitious. In the square, tennis was played and in 1890 the annual subscription was one guinea.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 1 ; frame number:9A
Dun Laoghaire Borough Historical Society
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_1/9A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.