Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> The Old Dun Laoghaire Fire Station, Co Dublin [graphic]
The Old Dun Laoghaire Fire Station, Co Dublin
|Main Creator:||Hughes, Omer, photographer|
The Municipal Building on George's Place was erected in 1899, and comprised a fire station, in which some of the firemen lived, a storehouse for the Urban Council, and stables for their horses. When Dun Laoghaire Borough was established in 1932 the building became the fire station for the new enlarged and modernised fire service. It remained so until 1992 when the new station was built on Kill Avenue.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 1 ; frame number: 16A
Dun Laoghaire Borough Historical Society
Photograph taken at 10:00, 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_1/16A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.