Collection: W. B. Yeats Library >> Wanderings in Arabia / by Charles M. Doughty ; being an...
Wanderings in Arabia /
by Charles M. Doughty ; being an abridgement of "Travels in Arabia Deserta", arranged with introduction by Edward Garnett. In two volumes.
|Main Creator:||Doughty, Charles Montagu, 1843-1926.|
|Published / Created:||
London : Duckworth and Co., 1908.
With bookplate of W. B. Yeats on front pastedown of both volumes.
"Short glossary of Arabic terms": pages -297.
Physical description: 2 volumes (xx, 309 pages,  leaf of plates; x, 297 pages,  leaves of plates) : illustrations, portrait, double map ; 23 cm
Citations/References: A descriptive catalog of W. B. Yeats's library, Edward O'Shea. - New York ; London : Garland, 1985, page 80.
|Contained in:||W. B. Yeats Library|
YL 539/1-2: From the Library of W. B. Yeats.
Table of Contents:
- Volume 1: The Haj, or Mecca pilgrimage
- Medáin (the "cities" of) Sâlih
- Medáin Sâlih and the inscriptions
- Return of the Haj
- The nomads in the desert - The Fejîr Beduins
- Life in the wandering village
- The nomads in the desert; visit to Teyma
- The Fukara wandering as fugitives in Anothor Dîra
- Peace in the desert
- The date harvest
- The Jebel
- Ibn Rashîd's town
- Depart from the Hâyil: journey to Kheybar. Volume 2: Kheybar: "the apostle's country"
- The Medina life at Kheybar
- Galla-land. Medina lore
- Deliverance from Kheybar
- Desert journey to Hâyil. The Nasrâny is driven from thence
- The Shammar and Harb deserts in Nejd
- Journey to El-Kasîm: Boreyda
- Life in Aneyza
- The Christian stranger driven from Aneyza; and recalled
- Kahtân expelled from el-Kasîm
- Set out from el-Kasîm, with the butter caravan for Mecca - Tâyif. The Sherîf, Emir of Mecca.