Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Bray Heritage Centre [graphic]
Bray Heritage Centre
|Main Creator:||Loughman, Joe, photographer|
The Courthouse, built in 1841 originally was used for petty sessions and continued until the 1980's as the local District Court. During the 1850's - 1880's it was also where the Town Commissioners held their meetings until the Town Hall was built and presented to the town in 1884. After the Courts were transferred to a newer premises it was used by the local Civil Defence. It was restored in 1991 and re-opened as the local Heritage Centre in November 1992.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 30A ; frame number: 3
Bray Coalann Historical Society
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bray, Co. Wicklow, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_30A/3||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.