Collection: A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland >> Bullock Watch Tower G:B: Delt. 1766 [graphic] /
Bullock Watch Tower
G:B: Delt. 1766
|Main Creator:||Beranger, Gabriel, ca. 1729-1817, artist|
This drawing is the only visual record of the tower at Bullock, County Dublin, Ireland, which has since vanished without a trace. This tower was probably part of the defence of the harbour at Bullock. The tower was described as being already "ruinous" in the year 1611. In the foreground of the drawing are cattle on either side of a road passing by the tower. There are people walking on the road.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Inscribed in ink u.r.: 7.
Signature of the artist l.r.
Title inscribed in ink u.c.
Physical description: 1 drawing : watercolour ; 22.7 x 28.7 cm.
Citations/References: Beranger's Antique Buildings of Ireland / with text by Peter Harbison. - Four Courts Press in association with the National Library of Ireland, Dublin 1998 p. 36-37
|Contained in:||A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland|
Attributed to Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1729-1817).