Cover Image

Copy of a tract in Latin on canon law (ca. 1697) with a list of the Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Leighlin in 1733 by the then serving Dean of Leighlin, Walter Skelton,

[ca. 1697], 1733.
Main Creator: Skelton, Walter, Dean, fl. 1733
Format: MANUSCRIPT
Language:Latin
Subjects:
Notes:The diocese of Leighlin was one of the twenty-four dioceses established at the Synod of Rathbreasail in 1111. The see was governed by bishops or vicars apostolic and from 1678 to 1694 it was administered by the Bishops of Kildare. The formal union of Kildare and Leighlin in the Roman Catholic Church was decreed on 29 November 1694, thereby forming the united Diocese of Kildare and Leighlin.

Physical description: 1 item.

more
Call Number View In Collection
MS 1477
Manuscripts Reading Room
Special Access
Manuscripts
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.