Cover Image

New price list of prints

Cuala Industries, Ltd. [underneath this is printed "Churchtown, Dundrum County Dublin", which has been crossed out and in manuscript hand in blue coloured ink has been written] 82 Merrion Square Dublin Telephone: No. [beside this is printed "9 Dundrum", which has been crossed out and in manuscript hand in blue coloured ink has been written] 3298 [.] Embroidery : Lily Yeats [.] Hand press : Elizabeth C. Yeats [.] Workrooms open to Visitors any day from 10 to 5 o'clock. Saturdays close at 12.30. 15 minutes’ walk from Dundrum Station, 20 minutes from Dartry Tram. All the work is done on the premises by young Irish girls.
[Cuala Industries].
[graphic] :
Main Creator: Cuala Industries
Contributors: Yeats, Elizabeth Corbet, 1868-1940
more
Summary:Black font printed on off-white coloured paper, featuring a print at bottom of sheet a black and white print of a tree on a hillside, with a stone wall in the foreground and a mountain in the background. Printed on p. [2] and [3] are the titles and prices of hand-coloured and uncoloured prints for sale by Jack B. Yeats, his wife Mary Cottenham Yeats and Beatrice Elvery, which could be purchased framed or unframed. Copies of "The Broadside" are also advertised on p. [3] - "A few odd years still for sale, and also a few single numbers of all the years. (All the complete sets of seven years are sold out). One year 13 [shillings] single copy 1 s. 4 d. Special blue linen Portfolio to hold a year's Broadside, post free, 2/6. Terms for Bookplates, Illuminations and Private Cards, etc., on application. Letters to, Miss Elizabeth C. Yeats, Cuala Press, Dundrum, Co. Dublin, Ireland". Elizabeth Corbet [often known as ‘Lollie’] Yeats, (1868–1940), and Susan Mary [often known as 'Lily'] Yeats, (1866-1949), separated from the Dun Emer Guild in 1908, forming The Cuala Industries; Elizabeth controlled the press while Susan Mary was responsible for the embroidery division. 82 Merrion Square (owned by Maud Gonne) was then the home of W.B. Yeats and his wife George; The Cuala Industries were based in the ground floor of this building from 1923 until they moved to 133 Lower Baggot Street in February 1925.
Format: BOOK
Language:English
Published / Created: [Dublin] : [Cuala Press], [n.d., ca. 1923].
Subjects:
Notes:This item is held in the Department of Ephemera.

Physical description: 1 sheet (folded into [4] pp.) : b&w ill., 16.7 x 11.4 cm..

more
Call Number View In Collection
EPH A1462
Collection unavailable
Special Access
Ephemera
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.