Clea Lake

[graphic]
Bibliographic Details
Main Creator: Geary, Trevor photographer
Contributors: Federation of Local History Societies (Ireland)
more
Summary:Following a burst of the 18th Century constructed dam in March 1822 the Clea Lake Trust was set up to control the waters to power linen mills downstream. In 1910 an agreement with Keady Urban Council was reached to receive water from the lake for reservoir purposes. These rights were vested by South Armagh Waterworks Board in 1951 and subsequently transferred to the Department of Environment Water Service in 1973. The works, currently treating over 40,000 gallons per hour is undergoing signifivant expansion to meet the growing demand in water consumption and quality.
In collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project
Format: Photo
Language:English
Published / Created: 25 September 1993
Subjects:
Notes:Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.

Film number: U11 ; frame number: 16

Keady and District Historical Society

Photograph taken at 14:00, 01 Jan 2012.

Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.

Geographic Coverage: Keady Co. Armagh, Province of Ulster, Ireland.

more
LEADER 02031nkmaa2200373 u 4500
001 vtls000342157
003 IeDuNL
005 20120224164400.0
007 kh
008 120224i19931994ie 000 k|eng d
039 9 |a 201202241644  |b aoconnell  |y 201202241342  |z folh 
040 |a IeDuNL 
045 |a 1993092518 
100 1 |a Geary, Trevor  |e photographer 
245 1 |a Clea Lake  |h [graphic] 
260 |c 25 September 1993 
300 |a 1 photograph ;  |c 15 x 10cm. 
500 |a Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd. 
500 |a Film number: U11 ; frame number: 16 
500 |a Keady and District Historical Society 
518 |a Photograph taken at 14:00, 01 Jan 2012. 
520 |a Following a burst of the 18th Century constructed dam in March 1822 the Clea Lake Trust was set up to control the waters to power linen mills downstream. In 1910 an agreement with Keady Urban Council was reached to receive water from the lake for reservoir purposes. These rights were vested by South Armagh Waterworks Board in 1951 and subsequently transferred to the Department of Environment Water Service in 1973. The works, currently treating over 40,000 gallons per hour is undergoing signifivant expansion to meet the growing demand in water consumption and quality. 
522 |a Keady Co. Armagh, Province of Ulster, Ireland. 
540 |a Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland. 
583 |a surveyed  |c NPA Stock Check 2011-12 
651 0 |a Keady (Ireland)  |y 1990-2000 
651 0 |a Armagh (Ireland: County)  |y 1990-2000 
655 0 7 |a Photographic prints  |x Irish  |y 1990-2000  |2 gmgpc 
710 2 |a Federation of Local History Societies (Ireland) 
710 2 |a Federation for Ulster Local Studies 
773 0 |i In collection:  |t Our Own Place Photographic Project  |w (IeDuNL) 313242 
949 |a VIRTUAITEM  |d 30000  |g 30000  |x 43  |a OOP_U11/16 
999 |a VIRTUA 
999 |a VTLSSORT0070*0080*0400*0450*1000*2450*2600*3000*5000*5001*5002*5180*5200*5220*5400*5830*6510*6511*6550*7100*7101*7730*9991