Clea Lake

Bibliographic Details
Main Creator: Geary, Trevor photographer
Contributors: Federation of Local History Societies (Ireland)
Summary:Following a burst of the 18th Century constructed dam in March 1822 the Clea Lake Trust was set up to control the waters to power linen mills downstream. In 1910 an agreement with Keady Urban Council was reached to receive water from the lake for reservoir purposes. These rights were vested by South Armagh Waterworks Board in 1951 and subsequently transferred to the Department of Environment Water Service in 1973. The works, currently treating over 40,000 gallons per hour is undergoing signifivant expansion to meet the growing demand in water consumption and quality.
In collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project
Format: Photo
Published / Created: 25 September 1993
Notes:Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.

Film number: U11 ; frame number: 16

Keady and District Historical Society

Photograph taken at 14:00, 01 Jan 2012.

Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.

Geographic Coverage: Keady Co. Armagh, Province of Ulster, Ireland.

Call Number View In Collection
NPA Reading Room - Appt. only
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.