Cover Image

Select views of Lough Derg and the river Shannon. :

Drawn on stone by P. Gauci. From original drawings taken on the spot; and dedicated to Chs [Charles] Wye Williams, Esqre. Principal Director of The Irish Steam Boat Inland Navigation Company
by His Most Obedient Servants Englemann, Graf, and Coindet, lithographers to the King.
Main Creator: Gauci, Paul.
Contributors: Joly, Jaspar Robert, 1819-1892, donor.
Summary:List of titles within each plate - Plate 1. View of Portumna Clanricarde Seat. Tinereranna Church. Garrakennedy Castle. Ballykelly Castle. Derry House. Plate 2. Derry Island Castle. Seat of Clanricarde. Clarisford House Seat of Bishop of Killaloe. From Derry Island. From Crag Mountain. Plate 3. Dromineer. Derry Island Castle near Portumna. Mr O’Keeffe’s House & Portumna Bridge. Ruins on an Island near Killaloe. Castle Biggs. Plate 4. Holy Island Lough Derg. Tomgraney near Scariff. Killaloe Slate Quarry. Old Killaloe. Ruin on Scariff Bay. Plate 5. Killaloe on the Shannon. Entrance of Lough Derg.
Format: BOOK
Published / Created: London: Wm. Spooner, 259, Regent St., [1831].
Notes:Spine title on stamped on binding: "Gauci Views of Lough Derg and Shannon 1831"

Physical description: 5 plates [within bound volume] : b&w ills., ; 4to.

Call Number View In Collection
JLB 9141
Manuscripts Reading Room
Access Note