Survey by Robert Young of tenants and holdings on the estate of Thomas Brooke in parishes of Conwal and Kilmacrenan, Co. Donegal,
|Main Creator:||Young, Robert, surveyor|
This area of Donegal was granted to Sir Basil Brooke during the Plantation of Ulster; in the early 19th century, the Brooke family estates were inherited by Jane Grove who married Thomas Young of Lough Eske Manor [who changed his surname to Brooke as part of the marriage settlement]. In 1846, Thomas Brooke commissioned a complete redesign of the existing manor house by Derry architect Fitzgibbon Louch. This was completed in 1868 and became known as Lough Eske Castle.
Physical description: 1 item.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|MS 17,722||Manuscripts Reading Room Special Access||Manuscripts|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.