Theatre Royal, Cork by permission of the Right Worshipful Thomas Lyons, Esq., Mayor. Mr. Seymour, respectfully takes leave to announce to the nobility, gentry, officers of the garrison, and public in general of Cork and its' vicinity, that the Theatre has been enlarged, and undergone considerable alterations, under the immediate direction and inspection of that highly talented and able architect, Robert Howard, Esq.:
On this evening, Tuesday, July 26th, 1842 by desire and under the immediate patronage of Peter Purcell, Esq. the celebrated tragedian Mr. Gustavus V.[Vaughan] Brooke, Mr. Hudson, assisted by Miss E. M. Duret. will make their eighth appearance - and last but three of their engagement. The entertainments will commence with, by desire, the tragedy of 'Brutus; Or the Fall of Tarquin'. which was received on its' first representation, with the most enthusiastic cheers of applause...After the play, a favorite [sic] song - Miss Villars to conclude with the new and fashionable afterpiece, entitled, 'The Married Rake'...Tickets and places for the boxes to be had of Mr. Barry, Boxkeeper from 11 till 4 o'clock each day. Boxes - 4s. Upper Boxes & Pit - 2 s.0d. Gallery - 1s. Second price at a quarter past nine o'clock...Boxes - 2s. 6d. Upper Boxes & Pit - 1s. 0d. Gallery - 6d. Doors open at seven o'clock, performance to commence at half past seven precisely. A full and efficient band will be in attendance. In and out checks not transferable. No smoking allowed in the Theatre.
[Theatre Royal, Cork].
Playbill printed in black font on off-white coloured paper, which is mounted on secondary card, with printed sheet pasted to verso [p.30, from an unknown publication] with five verses of a poem dedicated 'To G.V. Brooke, as Claude Melnotte, in 'The Lady of Lyons'.
|Published / Created:||
[Cork : W. Scraggs, printer, Patrick Street, 1842].
This item is held in the Department of Ephemera.
Physical description: 1 sheet [mounted on secondary card]; 36.5 x 25 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.