Hengler's. Sole Proprietor & Director Albert Hengler :
Crockett & Company Glasgow [presents] Rotunda Gardens, Dublin. Open every evening at 7.30 Commence 8. Carriages 10.15. Programme...1. Master Cecil, Riding and driving six ponies. 2. The performing horse, "Ibrahim" presented by Sig. Rudolf Amato. 3. Entree by Talberto and Douglas. 4. The leaping horse, "Mazan Bey", presented by Herr Hugo Herzog. 5. Interlude by Arthur Powell. 6. Five trained horses, presented by Sig. Rudolf Amato. 7. Entree by Frank Walker. ...11. Prof. J.H. Burton's Performing dogs and high leaping greyhounds...13. (First time) Mr. Hengler's new and exciting spectacle. Scenes from life in Siberia by the whole of the company, corps de ballet, and many supernumeries...
|Main Creator:||Hengler Grand Cirque|
Circus playbill, featuring oval portraits of Albert Hengler at top of sheet, surrounded by a red rose bush against a light yellow background at top of sheet and light green border around playbill. Text continues: "Matinee every Saturday. Doors open at 2. Commence at 2.30. Carriages at 4.15. Programme, including Siberia. Prices of Admission - Stalls, 4s. Reserved seats, 3s. Parterre, 2s. Pit, balcony, and Promenade, 1s. Gallery, 6d. No second price. Children under 10 years of age half price to all parts except Gallery. Smoking strictly prohibited in all parts of the building. Box Office at Cramer, Wood, & Co.'s, Westmoreland Street. Secretaryt, Mr. F.J. Connor Equestrian Manager, Mr. Alfred Powell, Jr. Musical Director, Mr. Geo. Clemments. Business Agent, Mr. C.H. Powell". Frederick Charles Hengler, (1820-1887), [always known as Charles], opened Hengler's Cirque in Liverpool in 1857. He opened similar permanent circus buildings in Glasgow and Dublin in 1863; in Hull in 1864, in Birmingham and Bristol in 1866 and in London in 1871.
|Published / Created:||
[Dublin? : s.n., n.d., ca. 1897-1898?].
This item is held in the Department of Ephemera.
Physical description: 1 playbill : port., col. ill., 36.8 x 16 cm..
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.