John Hampton, architect and land surveyor, Dublin:
any business in the above departments will be executed by him with correctness neatness and dispatch
W. J. White sculpt.
Highly decorative engraved card advertising the business of John Hampton, (ca. 1782-1846), architect and land surveyor. See entry for Hampton in the Irish Architectural Archive's Dictionary of Irish Architects, 1720-1940 - " He was apprenticed to Richard Morrison at the same time as John Bowden; both John and [his brother] William Hampton were members of the team of over forty surveyors who were employed by the Bogs Commissioners circa 1810-1814. John Hampton appears in Pigot & Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824) as an architect and engineer at Main Street, Ballinasloe....When he actually settled in Dublin is not clear; in an advertisement in the 'Dublin Evening Post' of 17 May 1828, 'Hampton and Brother' give an address at 25 Westmoreland Street, Dublin, as well as Ballinasloe. By 1841 he was living at 2 Haddington Terrace [Dublin]...".
|Published / Created:||
[London : W. J. White, 21 Pratt Place, Camden Town, n.d., ca. 1810-1830?].
This item is held in the Department of Ephemera.
Physical description: 1 card ; ill., 16 x 12.3 cm..
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.