[View of Carlisle Bridge and the Custom House Dublin].
Undated drawing by an unknown artist, inscribed on verso 'View of Carlisle bridge and the Custom house Dublin'. Carlisle Bridge was designed and built by James Gandon in 1794-98 and named after the then Viceroy, Lord Carlisle. The original bridge had a slight hump and was much narrower than Sackville Street. The bridge was widened In 1880 by Bindon B. Stoney and re-named O’Connell Bridge in 1882.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[n.d., ca. 1798-1820?].
Formerly at call number PD 4430 TA.
Physical description: 1 drawing : ink and wash; 706 x 11.3 cm..
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.