The old Music Hall in Fishamble Street, Dublin, where the "Messiah" was first performed.
Text printed under image: 'The Music Hall, Fishamble Street, was founded in 1741, by the Bull's Head Musical Society, and in the same and following year, Handel performed there, under the patronage of the Lord Lieutenant and the Court. It continued the most fashionable place of public entertainment until the close of last century. After many vicissitudes, it was in 1868 added to Kennan & Sons' Works, and it now resounds again with the "Harmonious Blacksmith," differently composed'. Text continues: 'Kennan & Son's premises now extend from 13 to 25 Fishamble Street, Dulbin, with a frontage of 400 feet'.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[Dublin : s.n., n.d., between ca. 1920-1933?].
Formerly held at PD 3192 TA.
Physical description: 1 print : planographic ; 11.4 x 7.6 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.