Inaugration of the Gough Memorial in the Phoenix Park, Dublin.
Newsclipping featuring an illustration from The Graphic, dated 13 March 1880 of the unveiling of the bronze equestarian statue of the Gough Memorial in the Phoenix Park, Dublin on 21 February 1880, designed by John Henry Foley and cast in bronze from cannon taken in Gough's Indian Campaign. The statue was destroyed by an explosion on 23 July 1957.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[London] : The Graphic Newspaper ; 13 March 1880.
Formerly held at PD HP (1880) 14.
Physical description: 1 newsclipping : wood engraving ; image 15.1 x 22.8 cm., sheet 25 x 18.4 cm..
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.