Proposed extension of Abbey Theatre premises site plans
|Main Creator:||Holloway, Joseph, 1861-1944|
Architectural drawing of the Abbey Theatre by architect Joseph Holloway [which entailed the conversion of the Mechanics' Institute into a theatre for Irish Theatre Society and National Dramatic company, funded by Miss Anne Horniman (1860-1937)]. Written in pencil at top of sheet: "Scale 8 feet to one inch". In the middle of the sheet is written "Portion held under / Lease / Coloured Red" - this area of the sheet features a colour wash. Underneath this is written "Portion Coloured Yellow. / Note lease sought from [Dublin] Corporation in order to buy out / building on a face with / exciting Abbey Theatre premises on street line". The location of "Old Abbey Street" is indicated on the sheet, along with "Mr. White's Premises" to the right of the sheet.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Physical description: 1 sheet : pencil, col. wash ; 37.7 x 33.3 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|PD AD 2186||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.