To Henry Baker, Esqr. this view of the ruins of Kells is respectfully inscribed by his most obt. servant Wm. Robertson
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Kilkenny : London : Wm. Robertson ; [n.d.]
J. Taylor, High Holborn,
ET C306a formerly at call number 1309TB (A).
This and other views 'published by Wm. Robertson, Kilkenny', were drawn by two artists, early in the 19th century, employed by Wm. Robertson, architect, who intended to publish a topographical work. The plates with some descriptive letterpress were issued in 1851 by James George Robertson under the title 'Antiquities and scenery of the county of Kilkenny'.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint ; image 23 x 40 cm., plate mark 28 x 46 cm., on sheet 34 x 54 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings, Rosalind M. Elmes. New edition revised and enlarged by Michael Hewson. - Dublin : Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975. p. 71.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.