To Robert Flood Esqr., Farmley, this view of Burnt [Burnchurch] Church Castle [Kilkenny]
is very respectfully inscribed by his obt. servant Wm. Robertson.
View of the ruins of Burnchurch Castle with image of two men at the entrance.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Kilkenny : London : Wm. Robertson ; [n.d.]
J. Taylor, High Holborn,
Formerly at call number 1288TB (B).
See also related items held at NLI all numbers ET C293 and ET C293a.
This [and other views] 'published by Wm. [William] Robertson, Kilkenny', were drawn by two artists, [circa early 19th century], employed by architect William Robertson, who intended to publish a topographical work. Plates (with some descriptive letterpress) were issued in 1851 by James George Robertson under the title 'Antiquities and scenery of the county of Kilkenny'.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint ; image 19 x 26 cm., plate mark 27 x 34 cm., on sheet 29 x 44 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings, Rosalind M. Elmes. New edition revised and enlarged by Michael Hewson. - Dublin : Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975. p. 69.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.