Collection: The Poole Photographic Collection >> Motor cars at Messrs Kelly and Co., The Garage, Catherine Street...
Motor cars at Messrs Kelly and Co., The Garage, Catherine Street
|Main Creator:||A. H. Poole Studio Photographer.|
|Published / Created:||
[ca. 16 December 1929]
Forms part of: Poole Whole Plate series
Formerly at call number P_WP_3659
Creation date based on date photographic order was placed; recorded in Index Book of the A. H. Poole Studio as: 16 December 1929.
Research by our Flickr Commons users established that this Waterford business was the earliest purpose-built garage or "Motor Works" in Ireland. It was set up in 1900 by William F. Peare, and Sir William Goff, a keen motoring enthusiast. It was later taken over by businessman John Kelly.
Additional information about this photograph is available on the National Library of Ireland's Flickr Commons photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlireland/40049837663/
This description is derived from the original Index Books created at the A. H. Poole Studio.
Physical description: 1 photograph : glass plate negative; 17 x 22 cm.
|Contained in:||The Poole Photographic Collection|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|POOLEWP 3659||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.