To Robert Flood Esqr., Farmley, this view of Burnt [Burnchurch] Church Castle [Kilkenny]
is very respectfully inscribed by his obt. servant Wm. Robertson.
View of the ruins of Burnchurch Castle with image of two men at the entrance.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Kilkenny : London : Wm. Robertson ; [n.d.]
J. Taylor, High Holborn,
Formerly at call number 1288TB.
See related items held at NLI call numbers ET C293a and ET C293b.
This [and other views] 'published by Wm. [William] Robertson, Kilkenny', were drawn by two artists, [circa early 19th century], employed by architect William Robertson, who intended to publish a topographical work. Plates (with some descriptive letterpress) were issued in 1851 by James George Robertson under the title 'Antiquities and scenery of the county of Kilkenny'.
Printed by M. Allen, Dublin.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint ; image 19 x 26 cm., plate mark 27 x 34 cm., on sheet 29 x 44 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings, Rosalind M. Elmes. New edition revised and enlarged by Michael Hewson. - Dublin : Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975. p. 69.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.