Shannon Electricity Scheme :
construction of Coffer Dam : O'Brien's bridge
|Published / Created:||
[Ardnacrusha : s.n., between 1925 and 1927].
This item is held in the Ephemera Department.
The Shannon Hydro-Electric Scheme at Ardnacrusha was built under the leadership of the German firm Siemens-Schuchertwerke [with work commencing in 1925 following the enacting of the Shannon Electricity Act]; it saw the electrification of the country and the establishment of the Electricity Supply Board [ESB], forerunner of 'Electric Ireland'.
Physical description: 1 postcard : col. ; 9 x 14 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.