Man's unconquerable mind :
studies of English writers, from Bede to A.E. Housman and W.P. Ker /
by R.W. Chambers.
|Main Creator:||Chambers, R. W. (Raymond Wilson), 1874-1942.|
|Published / Created:||
London : J. Cape, 
Physical description: 414 p. : ill., port., facsims. ; 23 cm.
Table of Contents:
- Bede. Beowulf, and the 'heroic age' in England
- The man and 'the spirit of the age.'
- Piers Plowman : a comparative study. Martyrs of the reformation : More and Tyndale
- Shakespeare and the play of More
- The Elizabethan and the Jacobean Shakespeare
- Measure for measure
- Ruskin (and others) on Byron
- Philologists at University college, London : The beginning (1828-1889)
- Philologists at University college, London : Arthur Platt, A.E. Housman and W.P. Ker (1889-1922)
- Note : The three pages of Sir Thomas More and The merchant of Venice.