The power of global community media /
edited by Linda K. Fuller.
|Published / Created:||
Basingstoke : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
Published in hardcover 2007 under title: Community media : international perspectives; transferred to digital printing and published in paperback, 2011.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Physical description: xvi, 272 p. : charts, graphs ; 23 cm.
Pre-publication title: Power of community media : international perspectives
Table of Contents:
- Aboriginal/indigenous experiences. Remote beginnings, metropolitan developments : community and indigenous television in Australia / Elinor Rennie
- (Re)colouring the public broadcasting system in Canada : a case study of the aboriginal peoples television network / Lorna Roth
- Community radio and development : tribal audiences in South India / Yesudhasan Thomas Jayaprakash and Brian Shoesmith
- Media as constructor of ethnic minority identity: a Native American case study / Ritva Levo-Henriksson
- Current case studies. Use of television as a community media by farmers in Bangladesh / M. Abul Kashem
- Restricted opportunities for community broadcasting in Belgium / Frieda Saeys and Tomas Coppens
- Video-identity: images and sounds of citizenship construction in Brazil / Rogério Santana Lourenco
- Implications of globalization for community broadcasting in Ghana / Kwasi Ansu-Kyeremeh
- Vox populi or lonely voices in the wasteland of the ionosphere: the case of Israeli community television / Hillel Nossek
- Asian models of community communication, with Kazakhstan as a case study / Saule Barlybaeva and Alma I. Rusetmova
- Top-down community media: a participant observation from Singapore / Linda K. Fuller
- Television to save a language and a culture: the Basque case / Carmelo Garitaonandía and Miguel Angel Casado
- The power of participatory community: lessons learned from Bangkokian experience / Parichart Sthapitanonda and Chaiwat Thirapantu
- Civic adventure in Turkey: creation and evolution of TOSAM and the "Radio democracy" project / Dogu Ergil
- Virtual community visions. The architectures of cyberdating: personal advertisement photography and the unworking of community / Eric Freedman ; "Free speech" and U.S. public access producers / John W. Higgins
- Call me impure: myths and paradigms of participatory communication / Alfonso Gumucio Dagron
- The people's communication charter: global communications and people's rights / Cees J. Hamelink
- Multitheoretical approaches to community media: capturing specificity and diversity / Nico Carpentier, Rico Lie, and Jan Servaes
- Conceptualizing community: implications for policymaking in a cyberage / Concetta M. Stewart and Mairi Innes Pileggi.