Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Bandon River, Co Cork, Downstream of Bridge [graphic]
Bandon River, Co Cork, Downstream of Bridge
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
River at this point is to be widened by removing Gas House Road on right of photo. This road was constructed to facilitate the building of the Cork & Bandon Railway Line 1845 as the original road to Gas Works crossed the right of way. The stone building on right was the Goods Store of the Railway, also built 1845. The gable end of the Trinitarian Presbyterian Church build 1843 is on the left and the white building to the east is Bandon Co-operative Creamery built 1933.
|Published / Created:||
18 Oct 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 28 ; frame number:23
Cumann Seanchais na Banndon Historical Society
Photograph taken at 15:15, 18 Oct 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_28/23||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.