Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Footbridge and "Foleys Stack" Bandon [graphic]
Footbridge and "Foleys Stack" Bandon
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
Metal Footbridge with concrete deck was constructed 1908 replacing rustic bridge constructed 1854. It is due for reconstruction or replacement. The concrete chimney was build in 1932 to service a Steam Engine at Wm Foleys Provender Mill. It was never used as Wm Foley died before it was completed. Escavation for a public sewer in 1965 is believed to have caused it to lean to the North East. Demolition began in July 1995 but the construction left the site after only about 40 Ft had been removed.
|Published / Created:||
18 Oct 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 28 ; frame number: 11
Cumann Seanchais na Banndan
Photograph taken at 14:15, 18 Oct 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_28/11||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.