Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> House at Bandon Weir [graphic]
House at Bandon Weir
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
Site of Coolfadda Mills 1620-1968. Manorial Mill build by 1st Earl of Cork 1620, leased to millers from 1765 to 1820, bought by Allman Dowden who build new 5-storey mill 1872. Bandon Electric Light Co installed generator to supply public and domestic lighting 1919 to 1939. Mills destroyed by fire 1968 and demolished. Voluntary group purchased site 1989 and installed new tribune and generator 1992. Banon Charitable Resources, registered 1992. Electric current supplied to E.S.B. and proceeds to Restricted Charities. River Bank on right to be developed into amenity area.
|Published / Created:||
18 Oct 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 28 ; frame number: 8
Cumann Seanchais na Banndan
Photograph taken at 13:45, 18 Oct 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_28/8||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.