Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Model Arts Centre, Sligo. [graphic]
Model Arts Centre, Sligo.
|Main Creator:||Curran, Patricia. photographer|
Built in 1856, situated on the Mall, this building is designed in the Roman Classic tradition. Limestone, ashlar masonry and ornamental dressings were used to achieve this Classic Roman effect. The doors, windows and stringcourse chimneys are of chiseled Mount Charles Stone. The building housed the "Model School" and a residence for the School Master and teaching staff. The first Headmaster was a Mr. James Feehan. The building was later occupied by The Depatrment of Agriculture and is presently used by the Sligo Model Arts Centre.
|Published / Created:||
19 September 1993.
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 21A ; frame number: 10
Sligo Field Club.
Photograph taken at 12:30, 19 Sep 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Sligo, Co. Sligo, Province of Connaught, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_21A/14||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.