Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Sligo Town Hall/ City Hall. [graphic]
Sligo Town Hall/ City Hall.
|Main Creator:||Curran, Patricia. photographer|
Sligo Town Hall, Quay Street. Built in the French Renaissance style on the site where formerly stood the fort erected by the Cromwellians. The foundation stone was laid on 12th October 1865 by the then Mayor of Sligo Wiliam Abbott Woods. It is here that many distinguished people became Freemen of Sligo, including Countess Markievicz, formerly Constance Gore-booth of Lisadell.
|Published / Created:||
14 September 1993.
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 21A ; frame number: 7
Sligo Field Club.
Photograph taken at 12:00, 14 Sep 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Sligo, Co. Sligo, Province of Connaught, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_21A/7||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.