Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Georges Square and Narrow West St. [graphic]
Georges Square and Narrow West St.
|Main Creator:||Conlon, John, photographer|
Close to the site of the West Gate in the walls of Drogheda, which was pulled down in 1792, Narrow West St.was the throughfare leading to the Gate.The fine three storey brick building over basement was erected c 1730 and is now occupied by the Garda Siochana.It will soon be vacated as a new Barracks is in the course of erection.It is hoped another use may be found for this fine period building.
|Published / Created:||
16 Oct 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 27A ; frame number: 31
Old Drogheda Historical Society
Photograph taken at 12:00, 16 Oct 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Drogheda, Co. Louth, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_27A/31||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.