Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Mercy Convent Dublin Road [graphic]
Mercy Convent Dublin Road
|Main Creator:||Conlon,John, photographer|
Mercy Convent erected by the parish of St.Mary's in 1852 for the Sisters of Mewrcy.They set up a school for girls shortly afterwards and in modern times founded a Secondary School.They also staffed and administered the Workhouse and District Hospital for many years.While their schools are flourishing they have withdrawn from the Hospita services.As it was to large for declining numbers the nuns have built a new and smaller convent and this large building is now up for sale.
|Published / Created:||
14 Oct 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 27A ; frame number: 22
Old Droghedda Historical Society
Photograph taken at 12:00, 14 Oct 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Drogheda, Co. Louth, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_27A/22||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.