Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> St. Laurence Street Upper [graphic]
St. Laurence Street Upper
|Main Creator:||Conlon, John, photographer|
One of the oldest streets in the Town ,dating in ocupation as East Street to the end of the 12th Century.It features the Main Gate in the town wall,St.Laurence Gate erected circa 1234 A.D. Most of the houses in the street are of 18th century construction.The derelict site on the left marks the place where stood the famous Drogheda Grammer School, founded in 1669,untill it was unlawfully demolished by developers some years ago.
|Published / Created:||
10 Oct 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 27A ; frame number: 10
Old Drogheda Historical Society
Photograph taken at 12:00, 10 Oct 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Drogheda, Co. Louth, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_27A/10||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.