Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Church of Ireland, Kill of the Grange [graphic]
Church of Ireland, Kill of the Grange
|Main Creator:||Laffan, P. J., photographer|
The foundation stone of this Church was laid in 1863 by John Perry, and the consecration was on the 26th July 1864 by the Archbishop of Dublin. The design was by Walland and Gillespie, and the Contractor was James Douglas. The cost was £1,600. The style is Gothic, built of hammered granite with dressings of the same material. The building is 75 feet by 40 feet, with accommodation for 300 people. It has a typical English-style gable roof belfry. A Parish Hall was erected in recent years with direct access to the Church, and a National School is also situated in the grounds.
|Published / Created:||
10 Aug 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 14 ; frame number: 9
Foxrock Local History Club
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Kill of the Grange, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_14/9||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.