Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Church of Ireland Wicklow [graphic]
Church of Ireland Wicklow
|Main Creator:||Finlay, Mary, photographer|
In the foreground is the recently constructed / erected sculpture / memorial to Wicklow's long association with the sea. Designed by Padraic Smith this modern art monument stands on a patch of ground regularly used for circus and regatta amusements. In the background stands the Church of Ireland ( Church of the Vines). Constructed near the site of the old Church of St.Lavinius, the body of the Church was built in 1700.The Clock tower with it's peculiar copper cuppola roof was added in 1777 at the bequest of the Eaton family ,whose family vault is underneath the tower.nearby ( to it's right)is the Round Mount/ Nathis Mound , an ancient fort site for which a preservation order exists.
|Published / Created:||
28 Aug 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 15 ; frame number: 20
Wicklow Historical Society
Photograph taken at e.g. 12:30, 28 Aug 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Wicklow, Co. Wicklow, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_15/20||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.