Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Grove House [graphic]
|Main Creator:||Newman, Thomas, photographer|
This splendid residence was built in the 1870's by Rev. John Triphook for his daughter Jane Ann. It was used temporarily as a rectory for a time. Subsequently in the hands of the Jageo family it became a hotel, an addition being made to the rear of the house. This tradition was also followed by the Symes family when they purchased the "Grove" - from 1946 - 1985. It was then bought by a Harding family and converted to a private nursing home for which purpose it is currently used.
|Published / Created:||
26 Mar 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 17A ; frame number: 13A
Mizen Historical & Archaeological Society
Photograph taken at 10:15 26 Mar 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Schull, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_17A/13A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.