Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> After Sunday Mass in Naas. [graphic]
After Sunday Mass in Naas.
|Main Creator:||Hickey, Stan, photographer|
Massgoers leaving 10 a.m. mass on sunday morning in Naas. The Church of Our Lady & St David was built in 1827.The patron name David was brought to Naas by the Anglo-Norman knights from St Davids in Wales who settled in the area about 1180. The link with St Davids in Wales has been re-established with the twinning of both towns in 1992. The Church also features in the Lawrence Collection.
|Published / Created:||
20 Sep 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18 ; frame number: 28
Naas Local History Group Historical Society
Photograph taken at 11:00, 20 Sep 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Naas, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18/28||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.