Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Naas Local History group at De Burghs Naas [graphic]
Naas Local History group at De Burghs Naas
|Main Creator:||Coy, Nick, photographer|
Naas Local History Group was formed in 1984 and holds monthly indoor meetings during the winter and outdoor walks during the summer. This walk was to the De Burgh estate close to the town at the motivation of Major De Burgh. The De Burgh estate at Sallins Road,Naas, was established by Thomas Berg, Surveyor General of Ireland about 1700. It was intended to be a palladium style house but the centre section was never completed.One wing was burned down in 1953 and Major De Burgh now lives in the remaining wing in the background.
|Published / Created:||
11 Sep 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18 ; frame number: 23
Naas Local History Group Historical Society
Photograph taken at 16:00, 11 Sep 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Naas, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18/23||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.