Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Christian Brothers Monastery, Naas [graphic]
Christian Brothers Monastery, Naas
|Main Creator:||Coy, Nick, photographer|
The Christian Brothers came to Naas in 1871 and started a school at the North moat.They lived on the first floor and the school was on the ground floor. This Monastery was built in the early 1900's at Millbrook.Brother Larrigy (84) now retiredtaught in Naas during the 1940's and 1950's, he is sen here with a former pupil Stan Hickey.
|Published / Created:||
11 Sep 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18 ; frame number: 22
Naas Local History Group Historical Society
Photograph taken at 12:00, 11 Sep 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Naas, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18/22||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.