Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Parsonstown Model School [graphic]
Parsonstown Model School
|Main Creator:||Gesparo, Michael photographer|
When the Parsons family took over Birr in 1620 they changed the name of the town to Parsonstown. It was later changed back to Birr. The School is the only place in Birr at present using the old name of Parsonstown. The stone over the door reads "Parsonstown Model School 1860"
|Published / Created:||
28 09 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 3 ; frame number: 36
Birr Historical Society
Photograph taken at 16:58, 28 09 1993
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Birr, Co. Offaly, Province of , Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_3/36||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.