Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Enniscoe House [graphic]
|Main Creator:||Loftus, Emmet, photographer|
Enniscoe House on the shores of Lough Conn, is a Georgian mansion recently declared a Heritage House of Ireland and the 'last great house of North Mayo'. Being a Heritage House is of such significance that their preservation is a matter of cultural importance. The original house, described as a farm house was built probably around 1750. It was a tall ( 3 storeys over basement ) single gabled building of five bays. The front part of the house was added in 1790's. It is known that the addition was structurally complete by 1798, as some damage was done to the house during the French Invasion and rebellion of that year.
|Published / Created:||
07 June 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 19A ; frame number: 31A
North Mayo Historical and Archaeological Society
Photograph taken at 20:10, 07 June 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Ballina, Co. Mayo, Province of Connacht, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_19A/31A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.