Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Sallins Railway Station [graphic]
Sallins Railway Station
|Main Creator:||Coy, Nick, photographer|
The station, built by the Great Southern & Western Railway Company in 1846, became a junction for the Tullow Branch Line in 1883. It was closed in 1976 and was used only once for passengers between that time and 1994. That was for the visit of Pope John Paul II to Ireland in 1979. With EC funding it is being rebuilt and was reopened to commuter trains on 16 May 1994. Paul Callaghan and James Holohan are tradesmen from a County Tipperary contracting firm involved in the rebuilding.
|Published / Created:||
28 April 1994
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18A ; frame number: 36A
Naas Local History Group
Photograph taken at 17:15, 28 April 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Sallins, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18A/36A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.