Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Naas Hospital, Workhouse [graphic]
Naas Hospital, Workhouse
|Main Creator:||Coy, Nick, photographer|
The front block of Naas General Hospital was formerly the Union or Workhouse, which was opened in August 1847 to accomodate 550 people. In 1847, 1,387 people were admitted , of whom 173 died.The building evolved into a local hospital in the twentieth century and, with further rebuilding, into a General Hospital run by the Eastern Health Board.
|Published / Created:||
21 November 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18A ; frame number: 25A
Naas Local History Group
Photograph taken at 14:30, 21 November 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Naas, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18A/25A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.