Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Foster Stores [graphic]
|Main Creator:||O'Kelly, Gerard photographer|
Foster Stores is one of the last remaining shops on the avenue. The name Foster comes from Anthony Foster Esquire who lived nearby. Fosters Avenue was one of the two main entrances to the Fitzwillian estate. The second was at the top of Mt Merrion Avenue across the dual carriageway. in 1934 the Foster Stores were opened for business by the Collins Sisters, who had converted the carriage stables into a shop. These stables were part of the old farm attached to Owenstown House, the property of George Plunkett, brother of Joseph Mary Plunkett and son of Count Plunkett.
|Published / Created:||
06 May 1995
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 37 ; frame number: 12A
Mount Merrion Historical Society
Photograph taken at 7:45 am, 06 May 1995
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Dublin, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_37/12A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.