Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Naas Fire Station, Fairgreen [graphic]
Naas Fire Station, Fairgreen
|Main Creator:||Coy, Nick, photographer|
Anthony Doyle, the Fire Station Officer, and Eamon Walshe Sub Officer stand beside the fire tender, an HCB Angus standard engine. The Station is housed in the base of what was formerly the Water Tower supplying the town and which was erected in 1899. The station is due to close in the next yesr or so and a new, larger station is to be built on the Newbridge Road. There are currently 13 firemen and two fire engines in the station.
|Published / Created:||
27 November 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 18A ; frame number: 18A
Naas Local History Group
Photograph taken at 15:00, 27 November 1993
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Naas, Co. Kildare, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_18A/18A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.