Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Downings Bar [graphic]
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
Downings Public House has been run by the same family since 1886. The counter and shelving are the original. The "office" is at the end of the counter and the snug at the other end out of picture. The surviving Downing sisters closed the bar and retired from business on March 25th 1994.
|Published / Created:||
22 Oct 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 31A ; frame number: 36A
Cumann Seanchais na Banndan Historical Society
Photograph taken at 20:00, 22 Oct 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_31A/36A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.