Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> French Church Street, Portarlington [graphic]
French Church Street, Portarlington
|Main Creator:||Kirwan, Charles, photographer|
Originally known as Queen Street, the first house on this street would have been built around 1670. The Church from which the street takes its name was built in 1692 and was rebuilt in 1859. Arlington House, which once housed the famous Arlington School, is also located on this street.
|Published / Created:||
27 September 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 34 ; frame number: 25A
Peoples Museum, Portarlinton
Photograph taken at 16:00, 27 September 1993
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Portarlington, Co.Laois, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_34/25A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.