Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Mountown Cemetery [graphic]
|Main Creator:||Gallagher, Joan, photographer|
This is a lovely Old Cemetery that has been cleaned up in recent years by a few local people namely; Mr. Christy Collins, Mr. Seamus Duffy, Mr. Peter Austin, Mr.Jim McGuirk and Mr. Thomas Finnegan. It is now mainly maintained by Christy Collins and Seamus Duffy. All the gravestones inscriptions prior to 1925 have been recorded by Meath An Taisce members Ms. Marie Fennell, Mrs Margaret Reilly and Mrs. Elizabeth Hickey. The Cistercians Monks came to this place in 1150.
|Published / Created:||
17 October 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 32 ; frame number: 36
Rathfeigh Historical Society
Photograph taken at 15:30, 17 October 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Rathfeigh, Co. Meath, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_32/36||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.