Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> View of Marian Hill and the Power Station. [graphic]
View of Marian Hill and the Power Station.
|Main Creator:||Kirwan, Sean, photographer|
Marian hill was built in 1952 on what was known long ago as Millers Hill and later as Mathens Hill. It was named in 1954 after the Marian Year. The Power Station was commissioned in 1952 and was the first peat burning power station in the world. It gave good employment locally until it closed in 1988. .
|Published / Created:||
29 Sept. 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 34 ; frame number: 21A
Peoples Museum, Portarlington.
Photograph taken at 14:00, 01 Jan 2012.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Portarlington Co. Laois, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_34/21A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.