Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> The oldest shop front in Portarlington. [graphic]
The oldest shop front in Portarlington.
|Main Creator:||Kirwin, Charles, photographer|
The house was built in 1789 by a man from Edenderry and remains virtually the same to-day as when it was bult. No changes were ever made and only basic repairs carried out. The house is owned by James Keogh whose father bought the house in 1910. The shop closed for business in 1955. At one time the house was owned by a couple called Kennedy who fostered a boy called Jimmy Daly. Daly's mother was the last woman to be hung in Ireland.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 34 ; frame number: 9A
Peoples Museum, Portarlington
Photograph taken at 10:00. 21 Sept. 1993 .
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Portarlington, Co.Offaly, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_34/9A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.